Our adult course is aimed to learn to safely skate in the Vondelpark and through the city. You will learn how to handle breaking, sharp turns, tram tracks, and curbs for example.
By learning how to fall first, you will get the confidence to build up your skills safely. We start very slowly and increase difficulty bit by bit in small steps.
The lesson is every other Saturday from 10.30 until 12.00.
at 10.30 we will all collectively put on our skates together and then go in to the park at about 10.45. At about 11.45 we will be back in the store to take everything off.
The starting spot is the Thisissoul store on the Overtoom 327.
The upcoming dates are:
All levels are ok for this course, however, you do need to know how to at least get up on your skates when you join the group. Otherwise we recommend that you do a private lesson first.
Dress code / Gear
- Long, old jeans (we are going to do falling exercises)
- Socks that are the same height as a skate.
- Leave your skates off, the teacher expects you to sit ready at the set time to put everything on together.
- Skate rental and protection is 5 euro's, you can pay for it in store.
- Empty your pockets. Your backpack and shoes can be left behind in the store during the class.
- Knee protection are necessary for specific falling techniques.
- Helmet, wrist and elbow protection are adviced.
The lessons will continue no matter what. if the weather is bad then we move to an alternative dry location. The meeting spot is always our store on the Overtoom 327.
Last minute cancelations
For last minute cancelations/changes (less then 1 day) to lessons it is best to call +31628829224. Do not call with WhatsApp but use the regular phone connection. If no answer was given you can also try to call us on +31624416176 with a regular phone connection. Cancelations have to reach us (regardless of when the cancelation is sent) at least 4 working hours before the lesson starts. For this lesson that means before friday 14.00 hours.
Our teacher will be there exactly at 10.30 If he/she is 5 minutes late, then please call (do not use Whatsapp call, but use regular phone connection) our coordinator on +31 6 28829224.